Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yo, Eminem is SO ON POINT.

For those who hate reading long entries, or reading at all, I bolded the parts that really matter. Maybe by reading the bold parts you'll want to read the rest. Ha, that's funny.

[Damn, I just realized I bolded like all of it. I guess all of it matters. Oh well. READ.]

"I am whatever you say I am." Dude, that is so true. F what you heard. Rap music, especially Em, rattles your bones and just forces you to think. It's not about being blinged out and driving fancy cars. It's not like other music that's only about falling in and out of love. It's not just about getting drunk and high, then hitting a club and bring b****** home. It talks about some real ill sh**, things that I can't relate to because I didn't grow up anywhere near the streets and because I do not have a hard knock life so far, but still... it's the best kind of music because it's like reading a book, listening to a story. We don't necessarily read a book or watch a movie because we can relate to it. If anything, the stuff we don't know about intrigues us the most, hence why we like watching horror films or sci-fi flicks. Like, hello, does that have anything to do with your life? Nah, it doesn't it. And rap music for the most part has nothing to do with mine, but I love it because the raw energy and emotions are deep, the words get you thinking about how you react to life and certain situations, and that is what music is all about. You know what, I can relate to some of it, obviously, otherwise Eminem would have nothing to do with this entry. Uh duh. That's why I say give everything and everyone a chance because you'll never know what you'll learn.

Anyway, this entry really has nothing to do with rap, or music at all, but if you read the section to the left, I warned you about tangents. So deal like we're playing cards. Word. You like that on-the-spot analogy? I can be quick with it, see? Here I go again, let me stop.

SO, for the real part of this entry (cause the whole part before this was fake)...

Yo, Eminem is SO ON POINT. Yeah, I said it twice for emphasis. And it's half in caps, so I must mean business. For all of you who don't know why Eminem is being brought up, check his lyrics to "The Way I Am." Anyway, I got to thinking about who I am from the outside looking in. Like, I know me, for the most part, and I say for the most part because I always surprise myself with the things that I do, and I am still a work-in-progress project and won't know who I am completely until my last breath when I can finally say, "I AM DONE" because God says I am.

I don't normally care about how people judge me. Actually, I do care because I don't want to be hated. Anyway, what I am trying to finally get to saying is... (wow, that was a mouthful) who the hell am I TO YOU?! I know who I am to me. I am not too mean, not too nice, I am somewhere in the middle. I'm not too fat, not too thin, I am just right. And people like just right, right? Think Goldilocks, even though she's not a real person, she's fake like the first half of this post.

Now think of "The Way I Am" (Goldilocks...Eminem...only I could bring these two together). Anyway, it essentially does not matter what I think about me. What matters is what others think about me. It's because how people perceive me is who I am TO THEM. That's how we get along or not, that's how we are friends or enemies. People don't like you because of who YOU think you are. They like you (or dislike you) for who THEY think you are. Make sense? I know it's a crazy jungle of jumbled words, but bear with me. This ish is getting deeper than I thought! Remember when I said I surprise myself? This entry is one of them moments. And I'm glad to share the experience with you all on the World Wide Web.

So, like Eminem points out, I am whatever you say I am. That's just life. It is whatever you think it is. We are nothing but a bundle of someone's thought process, if that makes any sense. We're just a perception. And I'm feeling like I'm in my freshman year of Intro to Philosophy.

I am what you thought I was in high school. I am what you thought I was in college. I am what you think I am through this blog. But is that truly me? Is that really who I am? To you it is, and I can't really control that, I can just hope you see me in a positive light.

No comments:

Post a Comment