Friday, August 14, 2009

mindXposed Quote of the Week

"How long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on. " - Zall's Second Law

It's been a while since I've posted, so I thought it was fitting to search a quote about time. I am at this point in my life where everything is starting to fall into place, and in some people's eyes, it all may be too good to be true. But it is. And I couldn't be happier or feel more blessed!

Time's really funny, and it is relative in a sense that, depending on what you are waiting for or what you are doing, real-time 60 minutes could feel like two hours. A day could feel like weeks when you're waiting for something or someone to come. Weeks feel like months, months like years, you get it.

On the flip side, time storms by so quickly that one day you pause, stare at your calendar and think, "Damn, August 14 already? June felt like yesterday!"

Time is very valuable, and depending on how you live your life, it can feel fast or slow. In reality, time moves at a rigid and set pace. We cannot stretch a minute to be longer than it is. It is what it is. Sixty seconds. We may feel it goes by slowly in the doctor's waiting room or during the last 15 minutes of work...but it's not. It's sixty seconds. One minute. That's it. 2+2=4 no matter how long you stare at it. 60 seconds = 1 minute no matter how fast or slow it seemed to have gone.

Time is precious, and I'm learning to have a sense of urgency in my life because it is going by very quickly. I will never forget what my dentist told me when I was entering ninth grade. He had said that high school will fly by, but after that, time goes even faster. I was hoping he'd be wrong because this is my youth and my younger years. I don't want to wake up one day at 40 years old, wondering how I got there so fast.

How do you "slow down" time? How could you let it linger a little longer so that you can do everything you need and want to do?

I've heard "life is short" countless times, and it is now just sinking in that it's more than just a saying...it's the truth. I don't want to put anything off for another day. Because once you push something back, you keep pushing it and pushing it back to the point where it may not even be that important to you anymore. I say this a lot, but I don't want to miss out. I don't want to look back and think, "Why couldn't I be like Nike and just do it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment