Wednesday, February 4, 2009

flowin

What I been lookin for externally
has just been found internally.
Got an idea of where I’m headin,
the past ain’t worth regrettin.
Got a new outlook toward the horizon,
for sure I’ll be risin,
Like the sun, only higher,
cause limits are tired.

And I don’t just speak words,
actions follow.
My dreams are concrete,
they ain’t hollow.
Watch where I be in a few years,
it’ll bring you to tears
Of joy because I made it,
it’ll make you elated.

Filled with too much possibilities
to focus on negativity.
Won’t be brought down by disbelief
cause pessimism is a common thief
Of visions in hungry eyes
that go blind by words that demoralize.
So I’m deaf to that ridiculous shit I hear
cause I know I got nothin to fear.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie,

    I just read this poem, I truly love it. I agree totally with being hesitant before putting your raw feelings out there. But keep making poems like this, it's truly an inspiration. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete