Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dislikes

I think it's about time for those few who are following to get to know me a little more (and it's about time I post again!). Here are my dislikes in no particular order:

  • Wrestling. And I mean the "professional" wrestling that is obviously staged and super over dramatic.
  • Getting lost. I do that all too often. My next investment is a GPS. I mean, I spend more money on gas when I don't know where I'm going than I would on a GPS, so I might as well buy one.
  • Losing things. More like misplacing things, actually. I do that often also.
  • Repitition. After the third time someone says, "Can you repeat that?" or I have to reiterate repeatedly, I've just about had it with that person.
  • Kids having temper tantrums in public.
  • When parents give in to kids having temper tantrums in public. Could this possibly be linked to the growing obese population? ("Mommy, buy me that King Size Snickers right now, or I will scream at the top of my lungs!" + "Okay, son, just shut up already!" = overweight American kids? YOU do the math).
  • Twitter. No offense to the millions of people using it! I just don't know why we have to know every second of your life. "Following" is like "stalking with permission." It's fine for this blog because it's not my daily life typed out every second. Following on this blog is more like being subscribed to it. So please, don't stop following because I don't like "following." Please note the difference between quotations and no quotations :)
  • Chocolate. I know what you're thinking: "What kinda girl are you?" It makes me gag unless it's mixed with other things like ice cream or peanut butter. I barely ever eat chocolate.
  • Grammatical errors. This really peeves me. Even in text messages when people don't realize what words T-9 does not recognize. I sometimes go back and read my old posts, then fix any grammar and spelling mistakes. I kinda stopped doing that because it seems really anal of me, huh?
  • Abbreviations while speaking. Ugghhh, this one bugs me! I especially can't stand when people say out loud, "OMG!" Seriously? I hear that one the most, and it irritates me more every time someone says it.
  • Cocky police officers. They really let "power" get to their heads. It bothers me to even explain this one, so I won't.
  • Cockiness PERIOD. Yeah, you're good at something. We all know. Why rub it in so deep our skin starts to bleed?
  • Newspapers. They're just SO boring. I understand it's meant to just be news and pretty much regurgitate something that happened so that it's 100% as factual as possible. However, I think I should start a more modern newspaper that isn't so melodramatic and has more positive news.
  • Ferrets. What is so cute about them??
  • Jewelry. Again: "What kinda girl are you?!" I like jewelry, okay? It's just that in the morning that's just an extra thing I'd have to think about. So I don't bother unless I have to be dressed up, even then it's minimal. Or if I am going out and I find something that perfectly matches. Otherwise, I don't waste money or time. Plus, I need to be able to fight quickly. I can't be like, "Hold up. Let me take these rings off before we get into this." Just kidding. I'm nonviolent like Gandhi.
  • The word "poop."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie, I'm really diggin' this one, especially Twitter. I subscribed to it, but it's not on my list of favorites. Even moreso are those who have hundreds and thousands of followers, but they are following very few people, as if they are really that important. Makes me feel as if I'm "jockin" people instead of establishing friendships.

    NOTE: It took me an extraordinary amount of time to put this post together, seeing that some people are very "anal" about grammatical errors and mispelling(LOL) ;-) Take care and glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete