Saturday, May 2, 2009

mindXposed Quote of the Week

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

A wise man, that Dumbledore!

We have the ability to:

  • love
  • hate
  • bring life
  • kill
  • heal
  • injure
  • become educated
  • remain ignorant
  • ...you get the idea!

We choose to do or not to do any of this, even though we are able to do any of it. We are capable of anything, but it is our choice to engage in certain "activities" (I can't really think of a better word). I believe we are who we are based on our choices, just as Dumbledore said. So, I am not gonna even bother to explain any further because he just stole the words right out of my mouth.

And I dunno about you, but I think it's pretty cool this came from a Harry Potter book. That's why I encourage reading. You never know what you'll learn from where.

No comments:

Post a Comment