Monday, March 23, 2009

Because I Am Who I Am ...

...I don't quite understand why people discourage others from pursuing their "pipe dreams." I say, go after what you want because you never know what could happen! If people listened to others who said they could not accomplish their extraordinary dreams, we would not have such technological advances, such amazing works of art, music, and film, a Black president, etc.

...I don't quite understand why people can't just leave each other alone. I am extremely open-minded. I have nothing against homosexuality, any religion, etc. I think if everyone was as open-minded as me, we'd have a much more peaceful world. Just because I don't do what you do or believe in what you believe, doesn't mean you have to make me change. Because I won't. I don't expect you to change your way life for me either. On the other hand, if we were all open to change and trying new things, we'd learn so much from each other, and overall we'd be well-rounded individuals with amazing life experiences.

...I can't imagine living anywhere but a busy suburb or city. I am not a country girl by any means. I need to be surrounded by people, and stores must be a short drive away. Even though the countryside is scenic and gorgeous, I cannot live in the middle of nowhere. Mad props to those who do because I'd get bored fast!

...I can't go a night without praying, but sometimes I forget, so I pray in the morning. I am not an avid church goer, but I do count my blessings and thank the Lord for everything and ask for my sins to be forgiven. I used to fall asleep in the middle of prayer, so now I pray on my knees so my full attention is on Him.

...I am overly sarcastic. Call it a defense mechanism, but it's my sense of humor. People say certain things and the sarcastic comments that come to mind fit like a glove in the conversation, so I don't keep them to myself because they're too genius not to share! It cuts like a knife at times, so I try my best to limit it around people I don't know, and around people who get offendended easily. Sometimes people take things too seriously, but that's because they are who they are, and I can respect that.

...I don't like drama. I am so laid back and chill that when people start complaining about things, I just tell them to brush it off and don't take it to heart. I know situations affect people in different ways and not everyone can just let things roll of their back, but because I am who I am...I got no stress, no stress, no stress! I don't let things upset me because it isn't worth the energy. At times I do get mad and I yell, but I cool off in like five minutes. No grudges = no wrinkles!

...I have a very strong competitive personality. Even if I'm not good at something, I will try so hard to be the best. I can be a sore loser at times, but it's no biggie; I just get caught up in the moment. Competing in things like sports gives me a major adrenaline rush. I like friendly competition, and you can only get better by competing with people who are on a higher level than you. So, bring it on!

...It takes a lot for me to get bored. I am like a little kid, and everything amuses me. I can do anything and have a good time, just like I can hang out with anyone and have fun.

...I like my "me" time and my privacy. Sometimes I prefer to be alone watching a movie or reading. I like shopping by myself, and I'd rather work out alone than with a partner. Both activities require a certain amount of time for me that just doesn't quite fit well with other people. I think privacy is healthy; it helps me stay sane, to be honest. "Me" time is extremely important to me for the same reason. Being by yourself really forces you to think about stuff, and it helps me resolve any problems or issues I might have at the moment.

...Writing is my escape. I've been writing stories ever since I learned how to write. Everyone has their escape from reality, whether it is movies, video games, or books. I realized, though, that novels are not my forte, and my goal is to be a published author of short stories and maybe poetry, but I'm not big on poetry. That's my so-called pipe dream!


I know not many people follow my blog or leave comments. However, I think it'd be interesting for those of you reading this to share in the comment section your own "Because I Am Who I Am..." It wouldn't surprise (or offend!) me if there are no comments. I don't expect this blog to be very interactive, anyway. It just made me think and put certain stuff in perspective for me. Maybe it'll do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment