Monday, March 9, 2009

Procrastination :(

I am the Master of Procrastination. I want to relinquish the title!

In high school, I was able to write whole entire research papers the night before their due dates (minus the researching part, of course. That actually took a few days), and still manage to get good grades. I'm not trying to brag about my stellar academic performance back in the day, don't get me wrong, especially since all of that really doesn't matter now. I just want to illustrate exactly why I'm considered the Master.

Real life is a whole different story. Without deadlines and anyone watching me or being affected by what I do, I have no pressure outside of the pressure I put on myself. I am the only person holding myself accountable. I need to be more disciplined! When it comes to accomplishing my 101 Goals in 1,001 Days (http://journeyto101.blogspot.com), which I have started and am now restarting today, and when it comes to other stuff like cleaning my car (I still have a box in the trunk from when I moved back home in JANUARY), I really need to stop slacking and start working!

Procrastination separates the players from the bench warmers. So, if you are anything like me, just get up and go...because really, what are you doing that is serious enough to keep you from what you are supposed to be doing? Get real and get going!

And I will do my best to take my own advice.

1 comment: