Monday, April 27, 2009

Dreams

When we're asleep, our minds reveal to us symbols of our waking lives through dreams. I have had some vivid and realistic dreams lately, and I've become reliant on http://www.dreammoods.com to analyze what parts of my dreams mean.

When you visit the website, the top right has a box where you insert a word then click "Interpret." Obviously, you cannot describe the entire dream. I have gotten pretty good at typing in keywords. For instance, in a recent dream I was at home in my kitchen during a party and was pouring a glass of water on the counter next to the sink, but the water spilled everywhere, and it seemed like the glass exploded. Then a split second later, it seemed like the moment rewound and there was no spill or shattered glass, and the glass was full of water. That really bugged me out! I also saw some people in my dream who have been family friends for almost 20 years.
I was really curious to find out what all of this meant. So, I picked apart the dream. The words I typed in were: kitchen, water, glass, spill, sink, party, home, and friends.

I would describe how each symbol reflects my life and what they all mean...but that'd be boring as hell. To sum it up, this dream had a lot to do with rejuvenation and my mental and spiritual state. Some of the keywords have similar themes such as being optimistic and in need of warmth and spiritual healing.

I encourage you to look up these symbols yourself, especially ones that are commonly found in dreams, such as childhood friends and water. You have to also put in a lot of different aspects of your dream to fully understand what it means. Keep in my mind if you see yourself in the dream, if you're outside, inside, around people, or alone. Think about what people are wearing, what time of day it might be, what room in the house you are in. Were you holding a purse or a wallet? Were you walking on the sidewalk or the middle of the street, and did you see trees, houses, or any animals? Every little thing means something, otherwise our minds wouldn't show them to us.

Dream Moods seems pretty accurate, and oftentimes the descriptions really coincide with my life. I think it's very interesting to find out why I have certain dreams and how they relate to reality.

Pretty cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment