Friday, April 10, 2009

mindXposed Quote of the Week

"What do you mean you don't believe in homosexuality? It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary." - Lea DeLaria

This quote is hysterical. Since it's Good Friday, I figured I'd associate this week's quote with Easter. I Googled and found this one. I wanted to originally reflect on Christ's resurrection, but I did that already, and you can read it here: http://mindxposed.blogspot.com/2009/02/bare-bones-please-heed-warning.html

I Googled (I Google a lot) who Lea DeLaria is and found out she's a music artist and author, and she seems pretty effing cool. I'm not homosexual (not that it would matter, right?...unless, of course, you're trying to hit on me), but I am absolutely all for it. Love knows no color, gender, age, or any other kind of boundary. Love is a verb, an action you take when you care deeply about someone. "Believing" in homosexuality just sounds funny. Saying you believe in something, in a way, means that you think it is real. Like, if you believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa, and the Tooth Fairy, then you think they exist. So, if you don't believe in homosexuality, does that mean you don't think it is real?


Think on that vocabulary lesson, and if you celebrate, have a Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe in homosexuality. In that I don't believe that it is right. I know that it is real, and that there are many people who are homosexuals, but that does not make it right. I believe it is wrong because Christ says it is wrong. Yet I believe that lying is the same as being a homosexual. Both are sinful. Grace is given to all. But only a few will truly accept it.

    ReplyDelete